While WhatsApp and WeChat are commonly used by maximum number of people across the globe, Kik is another similar instant messaging application that is currently being widely preferred especially in United States. Kik messenger was first launched in the year 2010 and currently it has more than 300 million users. Simple and fun to use, Kik is slightly different than other apps as it generally does not use phone number while creating an account on the app. Instead, to open a Kik account all you need is a valid email id and a protected password. Sharing images, videos, audio, sketches and messages are some of the major features of this application which is available across all the devices including Smartphone, iOS and even personal computers and laptops.
Although Kik is an amazing app, there are times when an individual would want to delete it owing to certain personal reasons. Since many people are not usually aware of how to delete their account on Kik, let us help you out in it through simple instructions and procedure. Before you do anything, there is one major thing that you need to know and that is you can’t actually delete your Kik account permanently as it is connected to an email id but, you can always deactivate Kik and uninstall it. Plus, whenever you wish you can activate it easily and resume using the app.
Also read: How to find who viewed your faceboo profile
To deactivate Kik messenger account, you should be aware of the email id that you used while login. In case you don’t remember it, you will need to update the email id which you can easily do from the Settings menu of the app. Let us now show you how to delete Kik account from phone as well as from computers or laptops.
Deactivating From Phone
Kik can be installed in all phones including windows phones, android phones and even iPhones. To deactivate the account from your phone, check out the below mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Open the application in your phone and go to the Settings’ options
- Step 2: Now from the settings menu, find Your Account’ and then open it.
- Step 3: Check for the Reset’ option and select it. It will then ask your email id.
- Step 4: Enter the email address that you used for login or the one you updated.
- Step 5: In some time you will receive an email from Kik on the mentioned email id. The mail will contain the link which will allow you to deactivate your account.
- Step 6: Click on the link and your Kik account will get deactivated.
The process is similar for all phones.
Deactivating From Computer and Laptops
While maximum numbers of people use Kik on phones, there are still many individuals who prefer using the app on their laptops or PC. Well, deactivating Kik on both these devices is equally simple and quick.
- Step 1: Since you have the account on PC/Laptop, you will need to open the Kik website in your browser. You can directly do so by entering the URL http://ws.kik.com/deactivate. This will instantly open the deactivating page.
- Step 2: Once it is opened, it will ask for your email id. Enter the mail id which you use for Kik login account. After that press the GO button below
- Step 3: In some time you will receive a mail on your ID and it will contain the link to deactivate the account.
- Step 4: Select the given link and you will confirm deactivation of the account. Immediately your Kik account would be deactivated.
The entire process of deactivation is hassle free and doesn’t take much of your time.
Now that you have successfully deactivated the Kik messenger account from your phone and computers, you find that you won’t be receiving any notifications, messages and mails from it. Further, your user name would be removed from the active database and no person searching for your username will be able to find you. You must know these fact at the time of deactivating your account. Plus, it will be also taken off from contact list of all your friends and people who have your Kik profile added. In short, it will remove and stop all kinds of communication from to and fro through the Kik messenger. After deactivating Kik, you cannot login or use it unless you activate the account again.
Also read: How to download documents from scribd