WhatsApp On A Bigger Screen. Why Not!?
You want to use WhatsApp not just on your mobile device but also on your computer/laptop? No problem! In this article, I will show you how to do that!
People use WhatsApp on PC or laptop for all kinds of reasons. Maybe it’s more enjoyable to type on the keyboard instead of the phone. I don’t know, but what I do know is that there are still some people out there struggling to find out how to download and install this fantastic app on their PC/laptop.
A little note for you is that WhatsApp has removed support for Blackberry devices so you can’t download this app from these devices.
There are three ways for you to have WhatsApp installed on your PC/laptop in Windows XP/7/8/10 and Mac.
Method #1: Using WhatsApp Web For Computer/Laptop (Windows 7/8/10 And Mac)
First of all, you need to have WhatsApp on your smartphone for this to work. Okay, now follow these steps below:
- Step 1: Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/, and you will see a QR code.
- Step 2: Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone and tap the three dot icon on the top right of your phone, then tap on ‘WhatsApp Web’.
- Step 3: Scan the QR code on your PC/laptop screen with your phone.
- Step 4: You are now logged in to your WhatsApp account.
This is a simple and easy way to use WhatsApp on your computer/laptop. But this can also get inconvenient sometimes since you always have to scan the QR code in order to use the app.
The second method I’m showing you is to directly download WhatsApp to your PC/laptop. It’s a lot more convenient not having to scan the QR code every time you want to use the app.
Method #2: Download WhatsApp application on your PC/laptop.
- Step 1: Download WhatsApp application from this link (https://www.whatsapp.com/download/).
- Step 2: Install the downloaded app on your computer or laptop.
- Step 3: After the installation is done, open WhatsApp and scan the QR code with WhatsApp app from your phone (just like the first method, but you’ll only have to do it once!).
Method #3: Download Whatsapp For PC Using Bluestacks.
Follow these steps below carefully so as not to encounter any problems downloading WhatsApp to your PC/laptop.
- Step 1: You MUST have an Android Emulator or your PC (which is Bluestacks, in this case) to help you install WhatsApp. If you don’t have Bluestacks, you can download it from this link right here (https://thinkgeeks.net/bluestacks-offline-installer-for-window/).
- Step 2: Now that you have downloaded and installed Bluestacks, open the app. You will see a search icon on the top right of the app, click on that, then type ‘WhatsApp’ on the search bar. Next, click ‘find’.
- Step 3: After you’ve found WhatsApp in your searching results, click on WhatsApp application and the app will be downloaded to your computer/laptop. After downloading the app, don’t forget to click ‘install’ to install WhatsApp to your PC/laptop.
Woohoo! And that’s how to get WhatsApp to work on your laptop/computer. Now that you have the app, you can use it to chat or call your friends any time you want, whether it’s on your mobile device, or computer/laptop.
A question that people might be wondering about after downloading and installing the app successfully to their PC/laptop is that Can you use WhatsApp on your phone and computer/laptop AT THE SAME TIME?
The answer is yes. Because messages on your phone and computer/laptop are always instantly synchronized.
Moving on, Can you use WhatsApp on your laptop WITHOUT your phone? Yes! But you MUST have an WhatsApp account first, then follow one of the methods above depending on what type of device you have (Android/Mac system).
If you don’t want to have your WhatsApp account logged in on your computer anymore, you can use the WhatsApp app on your phone to manage this. Go to Settings, find WhatsApp Web on the menu and tap on it.
You will see something like in the picture presented below.
You can log out using this way, or you can do it directly from your PC/laptop by clicking on the three dot icon, then click ‘Log out”.
After logging out, you will have to go through the QR code process again next time you want to log in on that same PC/laptop.
Above are the three ways to easily download and install WhatsApp to your PC/laptop. I hope this piece of information was helpful to you.
Personally, I’d prefer using method #3, because it would most likely work on all devices. I’ve tried using method #3 before, and I didn’t have any problems! WhatsApp was installed successfully to my laptop. Currently, I’m using a Dell laptop, Windows 7.
Before that, I had to check my phone all the time to see if I have any messages from my friends on WhatsApp. We all know how distracting it can get while you are in the middle of something. Now, I can work on my laptop and chat with my friends at the same time! Perfect!
If you have any questions, you can comment down below and I’ll answer them all one by one.
Thank you for reading!